We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moab adventure hummer tour

Florida
Level Contributor
420 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
moab adventure hummer tour

Anybody been on this tour? Kids are 10 and 14 and thought it might be kind of cool.... any thoughts??

Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: moab adventure hummer tour

I've not been with that tour but I've been on other adventure tours in Moab and loved 'em!

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: moab adventure hummer tour

I've gone on the Hummer tour with Highpoint and the usual trail is the Hell's Revenge Trail in the Sand Flats Rec. Area just above Moab. I think your kids would love it. You definately see a great area you wouldn't normally go to on your own. They stop at a dinosaur track, creep up and down steep slickrock inclines and make a couple of stops to get out and stretch at scenic viewpoints. Well worth it.

Park Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: moab adventure hummer tour

We also went with Highpoint on a Sunset Hummer ride. (Actually we combined this tour with Adrift Adventures for a rafting trip/hummer tour...saved some money and we were busy all day)

This was probably the highlight of our trip to Utah National Parks... we absolutely loved it! We've been on jeep rides before...Sedona, Black Hills... but this was an adventure. This was unlike anything we've done before ..we really enjoyed it. We have 2 college age kids- but kids of any age would enjoy the adventure.

Saint Cloud, Florida
Level Contributor
871 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: moab adventure hummer tour

I haven't gone yet but I have a afternoon Hummer tour scheduled while I am in Moab. I can't wait.

Karen

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: moab adventure hummer tour

I haven't gone yet either but planning on doing the Sunset Tour - and the Colorado Afternoon raft/kayak tour they have.

If you are going after us - I'd be happy to report back to you on how it was.

We will be on our trip from 8/8 - 8/23

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: moab adventure hummer tour

The sunset hummer is the best to go on. Working at a hotel I get feedback from all the tours I send people on. I had a few people go with Moab Adventure and they said the guide was rude and had foul language, but other than that the ride was great! Everytime I have gone I went with Highpoint Hummer. It is a family owned business and the people who own it have lived in Moab a very long time! I do hope you enjoy the ride! Remember to take lots of pictures!!!

Maryland
Level Contributor
11 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: moab adventure hummer tour

We were in Moab last week and took the Sunset Hummer trip through the Moab Adventure Center. Our family included three kids, ages 6, 9 and 12 and 4 adults ages 39 - 70. Everyone had a great time, especially the kids. Our driver was very funny, but also quick to reassure when anyone sounded a little doubtful as to whether a Hummer should really be going some of the places we went! I would definitely recommend it for kids.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
176 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: moab adventure hummer tour

The Off Road trails in and around Moab are just outstanding and well worth going on.

I will be out to Moab in a couple of weeks off roading for a few days in my FJ Cruiser.

Benton City...
Level Contributor
58 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: moab adventure hummer tour

Do it! We did a couple weeks ago (two people in our 30s) and had a blast, and there were two kids about ages 8 and 11 along who seemed to enjoy themselves. If it's going to be in summer, don't wear jeans! I did, and I baked.

lichfield
Level Contributor
26 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: moab adventure hummer tour

We went on the Sunset hummer trip with High point hummer of Moab.It was amazing.Have never done anything like it before.It is unbelievable where these hummers will drive to.No gradient is too steep!!I went with 3 teenagers and we had a terrific time.