We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yellowstone to moab - where to stay over on route?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
601 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
yellowstone to moab - where to stay over on route?

We'll be driving from yellowstone to moab and gather it's a long drive. any recommendations on where to stay over on route would be good. this would allow us to spend the morning in yellowstone again and then set off towards moab late pm.

Park City, UT
Level Contributor
355 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yellowstone to moab - where to stay over on route?

What time of year is your trip? What are you thinking of doing?

Consider stopping in Park City. It's only about a half hour from the direct route between YNP and Moab. The drive is about 7 1/2 hours to Park City, and 4 1/2 from there to Moab.

Park City is a mountain resort town that is different from Yellowstone and from Moab. There are lots of hotels, restaurants, and activities. The Visitor's Bureau web site is parkcityinfo.com.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
601 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: yellowstone to moab - where to stay over on route?

It's the last week of September, 1st week October. We're flying into salt lake and going to the tetons then yellowstone. then to moab for my hubby to meet a mountain bike group. I hadn't realised it was such a long drive to moab! i'll look into park city as we'll definitely need to overnight somewhere. thanks.

Park City, UT
Level Contributor
355 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: yellowstone to moab - where to stay over on route?

Weather at the end of September is unpredictable. We drove through snow in Yellowstone last year at the beginning of Sept., though days were mostly sunny and warm. Park City weather is also variable, but not worrisome.

There's lots of mountain biking here also. Check mountaintrails.org website for local trail information.

West Yellowstone, MT
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: yellowstone to moab - where to stay over on route?

I live in West Yellowstone and go to Moab every spring.

If you are flying into SLC, then you'll be driving north to get to Yellowstone. To get to Moab from Yellowstone, you'll be driving back to SLC (5 1/2 hrs. from West Yellowstone), then an additional 4 hrs. to Moab. I drive the whole trip in one day, leaving fairly early to get to Moab by a decent time in the evening.

5. Re: yellowstone to moab - where to stay over on route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 18:19