We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay,what to do

Which Moab hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barnsley
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay,what to do

hi

i am booking two nights in moab(not silly money though) have looked at river lodges but not sure,what other clean and comfortable easy to find options are there.river cliff looks great but decided too expensive.

walking any distance is out of question,somewhere to drive through and maybe stop for a break or a round trip.

travelling to torrey from here not sure of the time factor so if something fits in with this fine.

thanks

B

North Carolina
Level Contributor
687 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay,what to do

Moab to Torrey is a little over 3 hours if you don't stop (but you should stop because you'll be going through Capitol Reef National Park!) I really liked Red Cliffs Lodge. Yes, it is not the cheapest place, but the road from Moab to the lodge is a scenic byway, and if you want to enjoy the scenery without hiking, this is a pretty drive. It's very close to the red cliffs of Fisher Towers and is right on a river. A lot of the arches and great sights in both Arches National Park and Canyonlands can be seen either from the road or by short (1/2 mile) walks.

Cheshire UK
Level Contributor
883 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay,what to do

Brassneck - from your GC question I think you are travelling November??

The weather conditions at that time of year could create difficult road conditions?

I can't help on that one - but hopefully someone with local knowledge can help you. :0)

North Carolina
Level Contributor
687 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay,what to do

Didn't realize your trip was in November. Moab shouldn't be a problem as it's warmer there. If you're doing Highway 12/Bryce and/or Cedar Breaks could be a problem with snow. The freeways are generally fine... they do a good job of plowing in Utah. Secondary roads are another issue. You might luck out and have good weather, but no guarantees.

Barnsley
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay,what to do

thanks everyone.

i think its going to be fingers crossed.

so much infomation from people, i appreciate it all.

thanks

ps

the river cliff should be red cliff lodges .

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay,what to do

Two days in Moab is not enough. I think the "must see" places near moab are:

Canyonlands, Deadhorse Point, Arches,

#128 drive along the river out of Moab (my favorite),

Western Movies Photo museamadfd at Red Cliffs Lodge (site of Whites Ranch where some John Wayne fiims were shot, "Rio Grande"?),

Potash road along the river out of Moab,

Pucker Pass and Shaffer Trail if you got a 4x4 an some guts,

Anticline Overlook on BLM road south of Moab,

#211 drive to the Needles area south of Moab,

Cute redhead at RedStone Inn in Moab,

Choose wisely.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,643 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay,what to do

There are a couple of very nice B&B's in Moab, nor more than a block or two from Main Street.

We stayed at the Cali Cochitta which has 4 or 5 very nice rooms and welcoming, helpful hosts. The Sunflower Hill is another popular choice and The Gonzo Inn, in the centre of town, may be cheaper and sounds and looks fun.

If you have time, and the weather permits, Goblin Valley State Park makes for a nice diversion on the route to Torrey.

Moab, Utah
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,331 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay,what to do

We can second the recommendation for Cali Cochitta. Easy walking distance to plenty of restaurants (not all) and shops.

Philadelphia, USA
Level Contributor
92 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay,what to do

I stayed at a nice/inexpensive B&B just outside of downtown Moab (5 minute drive). Desert Hills B&B - www.deserthillsbnb.com. Owners are from Europe, husband hikes/climbs all the time, offered great suggestions. (I broke my ankle while hiking in Canyonlands, and they were so kind to me when I returned on crutches!)

Barnsley
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay,what to do

thanks to every one again, i have booked the holiday inn at moab.

Lititz, Pa , USA
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: where to stay,what to do

I've stayed at the Sunflower Hill B & B, and that was very nice, (although it was about 10 yrs ago). It's walking distance to downtown.