We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moab things to do

Which Moab hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kc,mo
1 post
Save Topic
moab things to do

I am going to visit moab the first 10 days of October and was wondering if anyone can tell me what there is to do when we aren't out jeeping.

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: moab things to do

I am not familar with the weather for October, so some of the things on my list might not be possible.

Canyonlands, Deadhorse Point, Arches,

#128 drive along the river (this goes by Whites Ranch, now Red Cliff's Lodge where a John Wayne movie was shot,

Western Movies Photo Gallery at Red Cliff's Lodge

Potash road along river

Pucker Pass and Shaffer trail (inside Canyonlands)

Anticline Overlook on BLM road south of Moab

#211 drive to the Needles area south of Moab

Cute redhead at Redstone Inn in Moab,

Choose wisely, Grasshopper

salt lake city
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: moab things to do

Hiking and jeeping are the main things and discovering petroglyphs along your paths. The town is small, but there is some tourist shopping, great rock shops, places to eat and have a beer.

St. louis
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: moab things to do

We just got back from Moab. Spent 3 mornings hiking at Arches. Be sure to take the ranger guided Fiery Furance tour. You must sign up ahead of time. We did the day before. Afternoons we mountain biked. Check with any local bike shop to see which trails are suitable to your level and to rent bikes if needed. Pool is great at the end of the day. We stayed at the Sunflower Hill B&B. Marvelous!