We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to expect

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
75 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
What to expect

Will be visiting Moab in July with 2 grandsons, what is the town like? We visited Colorado last year, one city was Manito Springs,

and was very disappointed with the area. Haven for street people, druggies, etc. Would not let the boys out of our site, could not wait until we got out of there. I guess i did not do a good research on the area before selecting to stay there, we went to see the

Garden of Gods and of course the Cog Railway.

Cedar City, UT
Level Contributor
307 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to expect

Moab is a wonderful town, with endless outdoor activities, lodging and dining options, active population and tremendous tourism.

I've never experienced and of what you've described above, in that specific town in CO.

There is tons of Moab info. on this forum that you can research and also the online city website.

Enjoy

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,871 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to expect

I agree, very family friendly.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to expect

Just be advised that July is HOT!!!!!! Many of your outdoor activities will be limited to mornings and evenings, but we have a great outdoor/indoor pool to cool off with the kids during the heat of the day. This is a very friendly town and safe.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,221 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to expect

Interesting report on Manitou Springs - never experienced that there. But you can't compare the two. Manitou is a tourist-oriented suburb of a rather large metro area. Moab is a small town in the middle of a huge desert. You'll have a great time there.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
75 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to expect

Thanks for all the input on Moab, pictures look beautiful, can't wait to see!!

6. Re: What to expect

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 06:41