We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet Boat Tour-Moab

birmingham, mi
Level Contributor
160 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Jet Boat Tour-Moab

I am looking for a 1/2 day Jet Boat Tour on the Colorado River in early October. Has any one had experiences with the various companies offering the tours. Are they basically all the same? At that time of year are the temperatures comfortable for an 8am tour?

birmingham, mi
Level Contributor
160 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet Boat Tour-Moab

Is this something that is not considered worthwhile doing in the Moab area? Did such a trip in Page and loved it.

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
218 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet Boat Tour-Moab

We did a combination jet boat/4 wheel drive tour with Tag-a-long a few years ago, http://www.tagalong.com/index.php?page=JJ0 The trip was very enjoyable and very scenic. We also road up river in their jet boat after our Maze trip a couple of years ago. It is a smooth water trip and very scenic.

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet Boat Tour-Moab

I was about to ask the same question, the person organizing my holiday has booked us onto a half day jetboat tour on the Colorado River with Moab Adventure Center moabadventurecenter.com/trips/…jetboat.php

Has anyone done this and any tips - eg are the boats small enough that it doesn't matter where you sit, you will get a good view? Or do people race for the best seats?

It mentions the different things you will see from the boat like a petrified forest, fossil beds, rock cliffs, Indian ruins, arches, petroglyphs, Thelma and Louse point and Dead Horse Point. I really wanted to see Delicate Arch in the Arches national park and my boyfriend's mum (who has booked this) thinks we should be able to see that from the boat trip as it mentions arches, but I'm not so sure - does anyone know just so that I'm not too disappointed if not?

The boat trip is $80 per person which sounds a lot to me - if anyone has done it, do you think it's good value? (Though it's too late now anyway as it's booked!)

birmingham, mi
Level Contributor
160 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jet Boat Tour-Moab

You will definitely not see any arches from Arches National Park.

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jet Boat Tour-Moab

Damn... that's what I thought. Oh well, thanks anyway!

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
218 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jet Boat Tour-Moab

@Smileycat16

I think that Moab Adventure Center doesn’t do their own trips, they just resale trips from other tour companies. The boat in the link you gave looks like Tag-a-Long’s boat. If it is then I have been on it twice. It is a large boat with double seats on both sides of a center walk way. The trip will go down river past Dead Horse State Park and past Island in the Sky (Canyonlands NP) and then return. You will get to see both sides of the river since you will return upriver and retrace your route. You will be down river from Arches NP and will not go past it. The only way to see Delicate Arch is to hike to it.

You will enjoy the boat trip. It is very scenic. Have a good time.

John

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
498 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jet Boat Tour-Moab

We took a jet boat booked through Moab Adventure Center in May. It was actually run by Canyonlands by Night. Rory was our guide.

Nice ride 31 miles up river to the bend at Dead Horse State Point then turned around. We enjoyed our morning ride and would recommend it.

There was a bathroom stop, a stop to get out and see petrified wood, snacks and drinks.

You will see a couple of arches, Jughandle and Corona. Not a bad seat on boat, driver turned boat so both sides got a view photos of everything.

8. Re: Jet Boat Tour-Moab

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 07:15