We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late Afternoon Rafting

Which Moab hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
De
Level Contributor
413 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Late Afternoon Rafting

Planning family trip for 3 in June and looking for half day afternoon rafting (guess Class I and II) trip that starts say 2 or so. With one exception (below) the afternoon trips I found meet at at 11 which is too early.

Anyone know of any?

The only one I found is a Sunset raft trip at 4 offered by Adrift - anyone familiar with that trip

Thanks

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
441 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late Afternoon Rafting

I can tell you that the "afternoon" trips are advertised but rarely go out. I would be interested in the response you get if you try and book one.

Also curious as to how 11AM is too early?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,052 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late Afternoon Rafting

Why is 11AM too early?

Understand that the raft trips don't embark on the river in Moab. You need to travel a good distance out of town, upstream, before you get on the water.

De
Level Contributor
413 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late Afternoon Rafting

My morning will be booked with mine tour (AM recommended) that doesn't get back in time for 11

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,052 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late Afternoon Rafting

Then you need another day for a raft trip. Even a half day raft trip is really a full day.

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
441 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late Afternoon Rafting

June is the best time to do a rafting trip it is the peak of run off and the Fisher Towers section is usually class II and III. Many of the Moab outfitters tend to undersell the FT section to get you to buy a more expensive trip.

6. Re: Late Afternoon Rafting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 15:17