We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather late March/Easter 2013

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
656 posts
179 reviews
Save Topic
Weather late March/Easter 2013

Hi Utah forum experts. Thinking of a trip to visit Moab the week leading into Easter which I think is March 24 - April (for our school) what will the weather be like then? Snow? I also would like to tie in a visit to Aspen as well and figure it will still be chilly and snowy but I am not sure as I've been to these places but not at this time of year. Thanks for any input.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,563 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather late March/Easter 2013

Moab should be nice although there's always a chance for a late winter blast. Aspen should be ideal for spring skiing.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
18,264 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather late March/Easter 2013

Isn't that Easter Jeep Safari week? Don't think it will effect you visiting the parks, but others ,like Tumbleweed, could probably give you info if it effects lodging and restaurants.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,373 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather late March/Easter 2013

Weather should be fine, warm days cool/cold nights in Moab. Great time of year to be there just be prepared with layers. Aspen will be great for spring skiing. Good time of year to be there, too. Do note that the two are not that close - four hours apart. And the combo does get complicated as there's no central gateway airport that works well for both. If you're interested in seeing Moab plus winter, flying into SLC and visiting one of the Utah resorts like Park City would make more logistical sense.

As noted, it is Jeep Safari week in Moab so you'll be joining 1,500 Jeeps. It does impact hotels although you'll still find something. Our personal experience is that you can always get into restaurants. And you won't be impacted by the Jeeps inside the national parks much at all.

Have fun.

4. Re: Weather late March/Easter 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Moab
Recent Conversations