We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moab / Canyonlands by Night Cruise

Which Moab hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Moab / Canyonlands by Night Cruise

Hi

Has anyone been on the 'Canyonlands by night dinner cruise?'. This is run by "Canyonlands by night and day" out from Moab.

We only have one full day in Moab (2 nights) and want to spend several hours in Arches and then possibly take this evening trip.

It does look wonderful but perhaps a little pricey?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Seurat

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moab / Canyonlands by Night Cruise

Wow! this looks really cool!! I don't have answers to your questions because I am also planning a trip to the area.

In my opinion this doesn't look pricey at all since it includes dinner. I am definately going to check into this for one evening we are there.

I also am looking into Moab Adventures too - thinking of doing a hummer tour and sunset tour with them. Moab Adventures was recommend by the place we are going to stay at.

Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moab / Canyonlands by Night Cruise

It's a beautiful cruise, especially this time of the year. It's a very peaceful way to end a very busy day. They cruise up and down the river after dark, telling you tales of the area and shining a spotlight on various rock features along the river.

If you have young children they will probably fall asleep during the cruise, so be prepared! (That's how relaxing it is). Even I had a hard time keeping my eyes open.

Remember, the desert is HOT during the day! Plan on getting up early and seeing most of the sites in the mornings and evenings. Moab is the best place to "perfect" your afternoon nap! :o)

*Pixie*

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Moab / Canyonlands by Night Cruise

My wife did this cruise a couple of weeks ago, she had to do it for her job, and her main complaint was that it was a little long, she didn't get home until 11pm. Also, the seats got mighty hard by the end, I'd bring a pad to sit on if possible.

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moab / Canyonlands by Night Cruise

hi

Thank you all for your replies.

I think I will go ahead and book....it does look good! We are going to be out looking at 'hot rocks' for two weeks so I think one evening in the cool will be a treat.

Thanks again

Seurat

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
294 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moab / Canyonlands by Night Cruise

I've never heard a complaint about the first time anyone does Canyonlands By Night - it's a little "hokey", but it is a relaxing trip on the river. Do the dutch oven dinner too - make a night out of it! And enjoy Moab!!

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moab / Canyonlands by Night Cruise

Thanks Hendo,

I'm not sure what a 'dutch oven' dinner is but I'm game to try!

Seurat

cherry hill
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Moab / Canyonlands by Night Cruise

We were very disappointed with the Cayonlands at Night tour. Save your money. It is hardly worth the price. "Hokey" is putting it nicely. The "light show" is nothing more than some strong spot lights. Everyone around us appeared bored to tears. No wonder some reviewers fell asleep. The day river tours (rafting or kayaking) are far more interesting.

Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,172 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moab / Canyonlands by Night Cruise

I, too, think it's a bit hokey. But, my wife loves it so we do it over and over.

My only complaint was last time the folks sitting behind me had a bit too much to drink and chatted and giggled through it. It annoyed me but my wife couldn't have cared less!

I normally HATE those outdoor round up western BBQ dinners but I actually like theirs.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Moab / Canyonlands by Night Cruise

This was the worst thing I have ever done in Moab. I felt like I was in Church!!! I made my family go. Thay all hated it. The dinner was good. The show is so outdated and wierd. What they need to do is update the music, take out the mormon tabernacle choir, and put in narration of real history. Advise. Do not go on this trip unless you are over 70 years old and need something to make you fall asleep!

10. Re: Moab / Canyonlands by Night Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2009, 05:25