We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rustic inn or bowen motel?

colorado
Level Contributor
713 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
rustic inn or bowen motel?

Obviously we're trying to go cheap, but we want to be comfortable (and we're not great sleepers). Going to be there on NYE, trying to figure out which motel is better...If there's really much of a difference! Thanks for any advice.

Moab, Utah
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rustic inn or bowen motel?

Haven't stayed at either but have walked passed both on many occasions. Judging by appearances only I;d say The Bowen. Also know people that have stayed at the Bowen, like it, and keep going back. The Rustic Inn would be quieter though being that one block off Main.

For $50 a night you're going to get what you get :)

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,425 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rustic inn or bowen motel?

Bowen over Rustic. Both are OK but definitely lower end. Honestly, with low prices over the holidays you could spend a few more bucks a night and have a fairly dramatic uptick in quality. What is nice about both is you can walk to just about anything downtown.

Have fun.

colorado
Level Contributor
713 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rustic inn or bowen motel?

Thanks. Considering Brighton or Ramada or best western...priority is being in center of town.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,425 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rustic inn or bowen motel?

Your other choices are better than Ramada. Best Western very nice. Don't know Brighton. Also look at River Canyon Lodge. For sure, get prices direct from the hotels as opposed to reservations search engine like Expedia. We paid $50 for Sleep Inn last year, which is not close to Main Street. But you should be able to get a decent place for $50 downtown. Bowen has to be less than that.

Have fun.

colorado
Level Contributor
713 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rustic inn or bowen motel?

Thanks! i meant bighorn lodge, where i stayed once and it was nice, but a walk from downtown...

T

colorado
Level Contributor
713 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rustic inn or bowen motel?

Thanks! i meant bighorn lodge, where i stayed once and it was nice, but a walk from downtown...

T

Hudson Valley
Level Contributor
1,839 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rustic inn or bowen motel?

We stayed at the Bowen Motel over Thanksgiving and were happy with our stay. We were going for budget and location and it suited our needs. But I should give my usual disclaimer that we usually camp/backpack, so our standards are pretty low for lodging, lol.

8. Re: rustic inn or bowen motel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 05:18