We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Border Crossing Opening

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Border Crossing Opening

Does anyone know the staus of reopening the Boquillas border crossing. I saw a notice that it was going to reopen in January, 2013, but there had been many delays prior to that. We are visiting in May.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Border Crossing Opening

I'm guessing you know as much as the rest of us. It appears all that remains is some federal paperwork but no one has an answer to why things have been help up again. You are correct in that the last official word from the feds was expect an opening in January. Obviously that has come and gone. I suppose a May visit might give you a good chance of being able to cross. Won't be like the good old days but I guess there is a chance the town of Boquillas will be revived a bit by the tourism. Lets hope so!

2. Re: Border Crossing Opening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Big Bend National Park