We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel in big bend national park with a three-month old baby

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Travel in big bend national park with a three-month old baby

We would like to travel in big bend national park at the end of this August, by that time, our baby will close to 3 months old. Is it feasible to travel with the baby in big bend national park? My wife and I love hiking, can we still do that with a baby?

Thanks!

Mike

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel in big bend national park with a three-month old baby

It will likely be blazingly hot at that time.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel in big bend national park with a three-month old baby

I can't imagine hiking with an infant in those temperatures. If you must, at least reserve a room at the Chisos Mountain Lodge--the only place to stay inside the park, unless you are camping. That way you will have a close place to spend the hottest part of the day as well as easy access to the restaurant and small store. Have you been to Big Bend before?

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,392 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel in big bend national park with a three-month old baby

I'm not sure why you'd want to hike anywhere with a three month old - there's no benefit for the child and only headaches for mom (and dad.) Get grandma to watch the young'un for a night and go hiking some where near home.

Or bring grandma with you to watch the baby while you hike.

Edited: 07 June 2013, 14:20
4. Re: Travel in big bend national park with a three-month old baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 06:16