We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biltmore - Free for just grounds?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Biltmore - Free for just grounds?

Years ago, I think we used to be able to drive up, park and walk around the grounds without having to buy a ticket. Is that possible now? I read one person saying they didn't think anyone asked for your ticket, but it isn't clear that I could just walk around the outside without buying a ticket. Sounds like it has grown up since I went last.

7 replies to this topic
SE USA
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Biltmore - Free for just grounds?

Nothing is free at the Biltmore now. You need a ticket to go anywhere on the estate grounds, and they most definitely check when you drive in.

You can walk around the Biltmore Village area outside of the estate. Cute historic area with shops and restaurants.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biltmore - Free for just grounds?

Thank you!

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Biltmore - Free for just grounds?

I think there was a parking area before they request tickets be shown, on the approach road. Not sure, but maybe you're allowed to park there and walk the rest of the way in? I mean, it's a long walk, but if you're interested in logging miles, it's certainly a pretty walk..... There are even ways to walk from Antler Village where parking is free. Again, it's miles, but if you're looking for a full day of walking, it could be done.

SE USA
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Biltmore - Free for just grounds?

Just to clarify the above, parking is NOT free at Antler Village. It is part of the estate and you need to buy a ticket to go there. Also, it is considered trespassing to walk on to the estate with out a ticket (I actually called and asked about this because I wanted to go for a run through there and was told its a no, and they will stop people trying to come in on foot)

Edited: 24 October 2017, 15:55
Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Biltmore - Free for just grounds?

Gotcha.... I apologize for my misinformation. I thought Antler Village was accessible from the outside world.

Rockfield...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Biltmore - Free for just grounds?

I think you have to purchase tickets to get past the gate house.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
18,762 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Biltmore - Free for just grounds?

You definitely have to buy a ticket. Or have an annual pass. Or be staying as a guest at one of the lodging options on the estate.

Reply to: Biltmore - Free for just grounds?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted