We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Asheville Hotels

arlington, va
4 posts
Save Topic
Downtown Asheville Hotels

Would someone kindly recommend alternative downtown hotels? The Renaissance appears to be book for Memorial Day weekend. I'm looking for a hotel that's within walking distance of restaurants and nightspots.

Thanks a lot.

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
747 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Asheville Hotels

The Haywood Park is about as in the center of things as humanly possible. Big rooms too. There is also a Days Inn downtown I think...kinda old, but seems to look clean. That is about it for downtown, walking distance. The B&B area is fairly close to downtown, but wouldn't want to walk back to my hotel from downtown to there at night.

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Asheville Hotels

if Renaissance is booked I'd try Haywood Park - but it is more expensive. You can also try Best Western, varying reviews. Days Inn seems a bit sketchy to me. I think walking home to B&B's on Chestnut St or Montford would be fine, we used to walk home all of the time when we lived near downtown a year ago and things have improved if anything.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Asheville Hotels

The Haywood is a lovely hotel. I highly recommend it. Enjoy the restaurant in the basement, the Flying Frog. One of Asheville's best dinner options. Have a great visit.

NC mountains
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Asheville Hotels

Stayed at the Renaissance last year and loved it. Just a few blocks from everything downtown, and a 10-minute drive to Biltmore.

5. Re: Downtown Asheville Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 03:17