We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to visit (weekend or weekdays?)

new jersey
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to visit (weekend or weekdays?)

I am finally planning a trip to Asheville this September (hooray!). I am wondering which is better...being there Monday through Saturday or Thursday through Tuesday?

Are there special (must do) activies that occur on weekdays <or> weekends only? Are things really crowded on the weekend?

To give an idea of my activities...

I am planning to catch a show at the Orange Peel, receive a spa treatment at the Grove Park Inn, hike as much as possible, possibly kayak or raft and just wander around the city.

Thanks for your time! :-)

new jersey
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to visit (weekend or weekdays?)

Nevermind, heh.

I just booked accomodations. While going through the forum I discovered the Falling Waters Yurt Village (too cool!). I'll be spending a few week nights there and then a couple nights in Asheville towards the weekend. I am so excited to finally see N.C.!

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to visit (weekend or weekdays?)

Glad to hear that you'll be coming to see NC. It's a beautiful state and Asheville really can't be beat. The weekends get hectic when there are festivals and activities. Check out www.visitnc.com for ideas of what may be going on in the state during the time you'll be visiting. Since it sounds like you're into hiking, there are many great hiking spots in the Asheville area. White water rafting is huge there too. And the restaurants. . .

Fairview, North...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to visit (weekend or weekdays?)

A significant source of advice about what's going on in Asheville is the tourism site: www.exploreasheville.com. Early September is quiet, but things really start picking up later in the month.

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
749 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to visit (weekend or weekdays?)

The weekends can be pretty happening in Asheville, with lots of buskers, etc. that make just walking around town lots of fun. There are drummers/dancers in one of the downtown parks (off Haywood) on Friday nights.

5. Re: Best time to visit (weekend or weekdays?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 13:19