We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

closest beach?

Sackville
Level Contributor
111 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
closest beach?

Hey everyone,

Will be visiting Asheville in July for a conference; would like to folow it up with a few days on the coast. The outer banks look pretty far (7 hour drive according to Mapquest). Anyone out there able to recommend a family-friendly beach area where we won't have to mortgage the house to afford a place to stay!? Any info/opions welcome.

Cheers

Sackville
Level Contributor
111 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: closest beach?

Just in case anyone is still out there- I have not found any hotels listed on Tripadvisor anyway that seem to be on the beach in the Isle of Palm and Charleston areas that are being recommended here. I did see the Holiday Inn in Wrightsville which I might be able to use points for...any other hotel ideas?

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: closest beach?

Being originally from the North East as well I can tell you that aside from Myrtle Beach, it is difficult to find hotels on the beach in NC and SC. Many beaches are residential and others are parks or parts of resorts. Charleston itself is not a beach area - the closest beaches would be IOP (Isle of Palms) or Wild Dunes to the North or Folly Beach to the South. Further on down there is Edisto Beach.

You may have more luck looking at Priceline.com, expedia etc.

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Charleston
Charleston
13. Re: closest beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 23:22