We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner in Downtown

davie
5 posts
Save Topic
Dinner in Downtown

My wife and I will be in Asheville during the first week in December. We are looking for a moderately priced downtown restaurant for dinner that is centrally located, easy to find and within the hub of activity.

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner in Downtown

what type/price?

For Italian I'd suggest Cucina 24 on Wall Street

for tapas/Spanish - Zambras

for Pizza - Barley's

for Sushi - Heiwa or Wasabi

There are lots and lots of restaurants downtown

davie
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner in Downtown

Thank you Weaverville. We are fans of french food and looks like we will do dinner at Bouchon. Your thoughts.

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner in Downtown

I've only been there a couple of times, once for drinks and apps at the bar and once for all you can eat mussels. I like the vibe...it is a bit noisy though. It is centrally located downtown.

davie
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner in Downtown

Thanks Weaverville. We are also going to Flight Grill in Hendersonville. Your thoughts.

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner in Downtown

I wasn't too impressed on our one visit (my b-day last year) to Flight. I found the majority of the food underseasoned. The best part of the meal was the amuse bouche. Hendersonville is getting better but it still doesn't have the calibre of restaurants that Asheville has.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner in Downtown

that all depends on your taste...I like folks food not Haut ( I have eaten my way around the world at the best places ) Ashville food scene looked very confused... trying to be a combo of California, Santa Fe ..... Sushi ??? Did not see any fishing boats on the French Broad....

My Picks are : Fireside Pancake inn, Hot Dog World in hendersonville and the Twin Dragons...Brevard

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner in Downtown

Hawaiidan - My Picks are : Fireside Pancake inn, Hot Dog World in hendersonville and the Twin Dragons...Brevard

great - that gives me a good indication of what type of food you like. Yes there are several sushi places in Asheville but you can find sushi in the midwest now and there are no oceans nearby. They fly their fresh fish in via Baltimore or NYC - just like many restaurants do.

nc usa
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner in Downtown

Not to mention that North Carolina DOES have a coast and it's not too far away.

Asheville NC
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner in Downtown

Bouchon is our favorite right downtown. Superb and very country french and not expensive. Best in Asheville is Rezaz near the Biltmore Estate.

davie
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dinner in Downtown

I certainly appreciate the feedback. Hats off to these mighty fine food critics of Asheville.

We decided to do another night in Asheville for dinner. We have found the reviews on Carmels restaurant to very positive. Any thoughts?