We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asheville in Winter

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Asheville in Winter

We are planning a trip for Valentines Day weekend. Are there any tour buses/trolley that operate during the winter? Thanks.

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asheville in Winter

www.ashevilletrolleytours.com - but only operates March thru Dec 31st....

Lexington
Level Contributor
31 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Asheville in Winter

We (3 couples) are also planning a trip to Asheville Valentine's weekend, and are staying at the Biltmore Village Inn. Besides the obvious Biltmore Estate, what other places should we visit? How about good restaurants for lunch and dinner? We will be there Friday through Monday morning. Thanks.

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Asheville in Winter

I guess you mean you are staying at the Inn on the Biltmore Estate? With 6 people I'd recommend reservations soon. I'd opt for Cucina 24 for V-day and then maybe Fig for lunch or dinner one day...

Other things to see depends on what you like...hiking? Galleries and art - just walk around downtown! Shopping - same.

Lexington
Level Contributor
31 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Asheville in Winter

no the Inn is not on the estate - to quote from their site: "Sitting on top of Reed Hill, Biltmore Village Inn overlooks the village and the Swannanoa River Valley. Biltmore Estate is one half-mile from this 1892 Queen Anne Victorian home." (Trip Advisor forum rated it #1 of B&B's in the area).

Thanks for the advice where to eat - we are all out doors people, and will probably look to rent bikes, run, or hike at some point.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Asheville in Winter

So, there are no tour buses or trolleys that operate during February. Is that correct?

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Asheville in Winter

I am only familiar with one trolley company. You should probably contact the visitors bureau. This is probably due to the weather.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Asheville in Winter

I sent an email to the vistor's bureau a couple weeks ago but didn't get a reply. I'll give them a call. Thanks!

Lexington
Level Contributor
31 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Asheville in Winter

dianen - check out this site:

www.lazoomtours.com/special_events/index/30

they have a special tour on Valentine's Day.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Asheville in Winter

Kyboop, that is absolutely perfect. We are there! Thanks so very much for the info.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
73 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Asheville in Winter

If this is your first visit please know that downtown Asheville is quite walkable and safe. You may run into some panhandlers, but don't give them a dime...You will enjoy wandering the downtown looking at the shops, restaurants, galleries, bars, Asheville Art Museum, coffee shops, antique stores, bookstores. Salsas just off of Pack Square is wonderful for lunch or dinner. They do not take reservations, but if you eat early, they'll get you in. High points are the gogeous Catholic basilica and the Grove Arcade shopping center, the Urban Trail, the Thomas Wolfe house. The Asheville Symphony has a concert on Feb. 14th. If you want a fancy place for dinner, make reservations NOW. Best restaurant in town is Fig but it's down in Biltmore Village. You may like Table downtown, but it is NOISY.