We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need an Asheville area cheap hotel (best cheap)

Glen Carbon IL
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
I need an Asheville area cheap hotel (best cheap)

Coming in Oct and looking for an inexpensive hotel in the area, out of the business district and noise. Any neighboring towns, too. Planning to go on Blue Ridge Parkway.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
370 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need an Asheville area cheap hotel (best cheap)

As you may or may not know, October is a very busy time of month in Asheville, so i am not sure how "cheap" you can get. I would suggest Brookstone Lodge which is located 1 exit (less than 5 minutes) from the Blue Ridge Parkway entrance. They are new, includes a hot breakfast, and is very convenient to get around to different areas of Asheville. They have a few different room types so ask them for the best deal.

Houston
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I need an Asheville area cheap hotel (best cheap)

Are you looking for just a room or a condo like feeling to your stay? The reason I asked this is alot of RV parks in Asheville have cabins for people to stay in. Some of these cabins have everything that you would need just like going to a condo or timeshare on the beach.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need an Asheville area cheap hotel (best cheap)

We just spent a week in Asheville and stayed at the Hilton Homewood Suites on Tunnel Road. It was FANTASTIC and for a king 2 room suite, we paid the government rate of $129 a night. They provide a free wonderful breakfast (not just your standard pastries, but omeletes, hashbrowns, sausage, etc. and they have a free dinner reception Monday through Friday nights. I will definitely stay here again.

Illinois
Level Contributor
65 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I need an Asheville area cheap hotel (best cheap)

Last summer, we stayed at the Best Western of Asheville Biltmore East on Tunnel Rd and liked it - would stay there again. The room we stayed in had just been redone - still had the new carpet smell. Management was in the process of remodeling the breakfast area. Room doors open to outside. Even though it is close to the highway, it was quiet. It was also easy to get to Biltmore. Not sure if price is cheap enough for you though.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I need an Asheville area cheap hotel (best cheap)

Some of the above suggestion do not match what you are looking for since you want to be out of the business district and you want to focus on the BR Parkway. (good idea, btw)

I would stay close to the Biltmore Mall area where you can pick from several cheaper hotels. October is high season here in Asheville but the Biltmore Mall area is close to the Parkway and might offer some pretty good deals, even at that time of the year. Also, there are several hotels near the Asheville Airport and I've known people who have had good luck with getting inexpensive rooms in October in that area. It also isn't far from the Parkway (maybe 15 minutes) and there is a nice variety of restaurants off of Airport Road.

6. Re: I need an Asheville area cheap hotel (best cheap)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Asheville