We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with grocery store or Wholesale Club

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help with grocery store or Wholesale Club

I will be visiting Asheville in July, going to a reunion. I want to buy a ham to bake. Where is the best place? Last time I purchased a ham at Ingles. It was so bad....fat and very salty. I do not remember the brand name. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have purchased Honey Ham Brand....way to salty and very expensive. Is there a TJ Wholesale Club or a Sam's Club in Asheville, if so I would like the address, PLEASE.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
370 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with grocery store or Wholesale Club

There is a Sam's Club very close to downtown. Not sure of the exact address, but can give you directions. Take I-240 West (from downtown). Go over the bridge and take Ext 3 (you just keep going straight). Go 2 stop lights (very close together) and make a right at Denny's (Regent Park Drive I think is the road name). You will drive less than 1/2 a mile and you are there. I hope that helps.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
526 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with grocery store or Wholesale Club

There's also a grocery store mini-chain in Asheville known as Earth Fare. Sort of like a smaller version of Whole Foods. Price may be higher, but I bet the quality will be better than Ingles for sure.

Brevard, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with grocery store or Wholesale Club

Sam's Club is located at 645 Patton Ave. in Asheville, right off of I-240.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,383 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with grocery store or Wholesale Club

There is a Greenlife Grocery also. Excellent products!

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
278 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with grocery store or Wholesale Club

Go to The Fresh Market (NC grocery chain) on Merrimon. Everything there is great quality. Love it!

Florida
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with grocery store or Wholesale Club

Thanks, I will go there. I love fresh market. Did not think they carried hams to bake, but will check them out.

7. Re: Help with grocery store or Wholesale Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2009, 05:17