We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sports bar in Asheville?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Sports bar in Asheville?

My wife and I are staying in a B&B for the weekend, but she is a rabid Alabama football fan, where's the best place to watch the SEC Championship game Saturday afternoon?

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
370 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sports bar in Asheville?

Wild Wings downtown has a ton of big screen all over the restaurant/bar. They are located at 161 Biltmore Avenue. There is supposed to be a new sports bar that opened up across the street from them, but have not been there and sorry but I don' know the name either.

Asheville, North...
Destination Expert
for Asheville
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sports bar in Asheville?

Keep in mind that the Alabama -Florida game comes on immediately after the UNC-Kentucky basketball game ends on a different channel. The mood of the crowd will be largely dependent on the outcome of the basketball game. If UNC is knocked out early in the second half, you could have the entire bar to yourself. If the Tarheels whup UK in Kentucky, you'll have a hard time finding an empty seat, much less getting a server's attention!

In addition to Wild Wings, great places to watch a ball game on the big screen include Ed Boudreaux's Cajun BarBQ and Barleys Taproom, 2 doors apart on Biltmore Ave downtown, just 2 blocks closer into town than Wild Wings, Hooters and Mack Kells' on Tunnel Road.

3. Re: Best Sports bar in Asheville?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2010, 05:19