We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury Room in Asheville or Surrounding area?

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
344 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury Room in Asheville or Surrounding area?

For our 10 year anniversary the wife and I are looking for a "awesome" room at a great place in Asheville or in the surrounding area.

To give you an idea of what we are looking for, the Cloisters Suite at 1900 Inn on Montford is something we really like for this special occasion. We also liked the Biltmore Village Inn and the Reed Room.

Are there similar accommodations that we should be considering?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
344 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury Room in Asheville or Surrounding area?

After reading my post again, I didn't specifically call out that romance is what we are going for here as well. Romance and luxury. :)

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury Room in Asheville or Surrounding area?

Check out the 1889 Whitegate Inn (you can find reviews on Tripadvisor). Very romantic, awesome rooms (especially in the annex building), and easy walking distance to downtown Asheville. We celebrated our 20th anniversary there, and I can highly recommend it.

north carolina
Level Contributor
120 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury Room in Asheville or Surrounding area?

I think you have two good options here, the Inn on Montford is wonderful as is the White Gate Inn. These would be my top two picks for luxury and romance in a B&B. If you'd like to also look at hotels, I'd recommend looking at the Inn on Biltmore Estate or the Bohemian (new hotel right near Biltmore). Both of these are very luxurious and romantic as well.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
344 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury Room in Asheville or Surrounding area?

Thanks for suggesting the Whitegate Inn, it does look very nice.

Definitely not opposed to a hotel either. We liked the looks of the Inn at Biltmore, very nice and obviously a great location.

New Market, Maryland
Level Contributor
653 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury Room in Asheville or Surrounding area?

The Inns and Hotels sound beautiful and romantic, but what we really like is privacy and jacuzzi tubs : )

Look into renting a cabin or cottage . Some are really upscale and nice . We're staying at Inn at Cottage Mountian over Memorial Day and it looks great. We also looked at these :

http://www.ashevillecottages.com/

Check out romanticasheville.com as well for other ideas.

New Market, Maryland
Level Contributor
653 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury Room in Asheville or Surrounding area?

Here is another good one :

http://www.bittersweetcottage.com/?

We really wanted to book here but it was already taken for the weekend we wanted. I am looking forward to our cottage now though - looks like it has a great view and the owner has been very helpful and nice.

7. Re: Luxury Room in Asheville or Surrounding area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2010, 05:16