We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip Overnight Stay in Asheville

Wethersfield...
9 posts
Save Topic
Road Trip Overnight Stay in Asheville

Hi Everyone,

I'm moving from San Diego to CT in a couple weeks and am planning on taking my time to stop for a taste of a few cities I've always wanted to visit, including Asheville. I was hoping I could get some advice.

The plan is to arrive in time for a late dinner on a Friday night, experience some local food, drinks, and nightlife, stay overnight, grab a bite for breakfast, and be on the road for 9am. I'll be driving a car pulling a trailer. Can anyone give suggestions for clean/budget-friendly hotels where I can park this vehicle and still be in walking distance? Also, any recommendations for dinner, drinks, nightlife, and an early breakfast before leaving?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
370 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip Overnight Stay in Asheville

This is a tricky one. The hotels within walking distance of restaurants, shops, etc... are not "budget-friendly". The only hotels that I can think of within walking distance and would have room enough for your trailer would be Renaissance or Four Points by Sheraton. Other hotels witin walking distance would be Grand Bohemian in Biltmore Village or Hotel Indigo downtown Asheville. If either of them entice you, I would suggest calling them to see if they have an option for parking your trailer.

There are numerous hotels in the area, but for one night you would want to be in the mix of everything.

Wethersfield...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Road Trip Overnight Stay in Asheville

Great, thanks for your help! I'll check them out.

Asbury Park, New...
Level Contributor
107 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road Trip Overnight Stay in Asheville

What is your hotel budget?

4. Re: Road Trip Overnight Stay in Asheville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2010, 05:16