We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which to see Greenville to Asheville

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicagoland
Level Contributor
400 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Which to see Greenville to Asheville

Would it be better to drive from Greenville to Ceasers Head State Park and then to Asheville...or Greenville To Chimney Rock to Asheville.....I dont know if we have time to go to both.....looks like I could take either route on our way to Asheville.....

Which drive is more scenic and which destination is better...ceasers head or chimney rock...thanks!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which to see Greenville to Asheville

You might want to specify which Greenville. There's one in North Carolina and one in South Carolina. Sounds like you mean SC.

chicagoland
Level Contributor
400 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which to see Greenville to Asheville

Greenville SC...*thanks!

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which to see Greenville to Asheville

That is a tough question. The drive to Ceasars Head is more scenic. There is much more to do and see at Chimney Rock. I would go with Chimney Rock.

chicagoland
Level Contributor
400 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which to see Greenville to Asheville

I had a feeling that was the case.

I plan to take the route to Grandfather mtn...but when I saw the price. ...I figured my kids could also benefit from Chimney Rock...and I found a buy one get one free admission ticket to Chimney Rock. I still can drive to Linville Caverns and Mount Mitchell on my one route.....Maybe I can add a side trip to Chimney Rock before heading off to Linville Caverns.......obvously there are several ways I could map this out. We only have two days in Asheville...one for Biltmore...the other for scenic stops along BlueRidge Pkwy up to Linville......and if its nice and warm, I know the kids saw the info on the sliding rock and thought that would be cool....boy....its hard to choose!!!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which to see Greenville to Asheville

Sliding Rock is WAY fun. I haven't been in a couple of years but we have enjoyed it in the past. The water is cooler than you may think, but that's what's fun about it.

6. Re: Which to see Greenville to Asheville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2010, 06:18