We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat rentals - Asheville

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boat rentals - Asheville

Hi. We are going to Asheville for a week in July. Does anyone know of a good place to rent a boat (motor boat or pontoon boat)? Which lakes would be good to go to? Lake Lure or is there a better one. Thank you!

Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat rentals - Asheville

I would go with Lake Lure.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
388 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat rentals - Asheville

Sorry, but I am unaware of any lake in Asheville that you can use or rent a boat of that size. Lake Julian, which is a power plant lake, is probably our largest? We are paddlers here. Try a canoe or kayak from Southern Waterways. You can float through the Biltmore Estate on the French Broad River, which still has enough water in it. Not sure if you want to go too far if you are staying in Asheville - Lake Lure, Lake Santeelah, Lake James, Watauga Lake (all are within 2 hours or so. Good luck!

Asbury Park, New...
Level Contributor
107 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat rentals - Asheville

I think Lake James is the closest but I don't know if they have boat rentals or not?? Lake Lure is BEAUTIFUL but price boats ahead of time. It's pretty pricey to rent out there (in my opinion).

4. Re: Boat rentals - Asheville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2011, 05:16
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor