We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed and Breakfast or a Hotel?

Mooresville
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bed and Breakfast or a Hotel?

My husband and I will be visiting Asheville next month for three nights. This will be our first visit to Asheville and we are looking forward to it. We have four children ages 9-16 but they will be at church camp for the week so we will be on our own! This will be our first time traveling anywhere without our children. We want to go to the Biltmore, go nature hiking and possibly white water rafting too. Should we stay in a bed and breakfast or a hotel? Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed and Breakfast or a Hotel?

Why not a cabin with a hot tub and a mountain view? Try vrbo.com.

atlanta
Level Contributor
231 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed and Breakfast or a Hotel?

Asheville is known for its many bed and breakfasts -- I happen to enjoy staying at b&B's but it is really your preference -- Have you ever done a B&B before? Some people don't like them because they prefer the anonymity of a hotel. I prefer the personal; touch -- but the b&b's in Asheville -- many are fairly expensive so what is your budget? Do you want to be in Asheville proper or a town nearby -- I like Arbor House in Black Mountain which is under $200 a night -- the owners are great and it is easy to get to Asheville. But the town has places to eat as well -- walking distance from the b&b

atlanta
Level Contributor
231 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed and Breakfast or a Hotel?

Asheville is known for its many bed and breakfasts -- I happen to enjoy staying at b&B's but it is really your preference -- Have you ever done a B&B before? Some people don't like them because they prefer the anonymity of a hotel. I prefer the personal; touch -- but the b&b's in Asheville -- many are fairly expensive so what is your budget? Do you want to be in Asheville proper or a town nearby -- I like Arbor House in Black Mountain which is under $200 a night -- the owners are great and it is easy to get to Asheville. But the town has places to eat as well -- walking distance from the b&b

Mooresville
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed and Breakfast or a Hotel?

Thanks for your input. We decided on a b and b in Asheville. We stayed in one on our honeymoon years ago in Key West and we loved it. Thanks again!

5. Re: Bed and Breakfast or a Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2010, 05:18