We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
94 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Help please

We're staying in Asheville Thursday and Friday night in late October for a concert at Pack Place. Can you give any help with a downtown hotel that won't break a retiree's bank account in the midst of leaf frenzy?

carolinas
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please

Hi- did you check the Renaissance? It is a great locationright next tothe Thomas Wolfe House. Mazalea

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
333 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please

As you may be aware....October is most years the peak of the leaf season. That also usually means peak rates to. There are some moderately priced hotels on Tunnel Road just east of the downtown area...very short drive. Or you might see about the Downtown Inn and Suites on Patton Road, on the west side of the downtown area. Enjoy the concert!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please

The best value for money - not quite downtown is Guest House Inn; I stayed several times by calling direct & asking for Manager's special for Seniors @$55/night. Could be higher, because of "Changing Colors" - Leaves....

though everybody is predicting that the season will start earlier because of long hot summer...So perhaps late October arrival may be to your advantage..

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60742-d1004…

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
375 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help please

There is a little speckling of color beginning higher up I noticed. However, the Sourwoods and Dogwoods are usually red by the mid to late part of September. It has been dry here too. I would not personally stay at the Downtown Inn. There really isn't anything inexpensive in the downtown area. Parking is an issue too, so you may consider that when you price out somewhere like the Renaissance, which has it's own parking, and you can walk everywhere from there. It may be a splurge, but worth it , if you can get a room? See if they give AARP or senior discounts? Depending on the price, you can;t be the location for what you are doing. For me, I would check out the newer Holiday Inn and Suites on Tunnel Road or the Brookstone Lodge, slightly further a few city blocks outside of Biltmore Village.

5. Re: Help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2011, 07:21