We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a one night in ashville

Peachtree City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
a one night in ashville

We'll be passing through Asheville on our way to the beach. Thinking of staying near downtown so we can take a walk, have dinner, etc? Just trying to get a taste of the city on our way through. I'd love some tips and suggstions for where to stay, what to do, where to eat when we only have one night.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
370 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a one night in ashville

The downtown hotels to choose from are Renaissance, Four Points by Sheraton, and Hotel Indigo. They can be a little pricey especially. Nice hotels though. I would suggest staying a little further out and driving to downtown. Brookstone Lodge is a great affordable option and is just about 7 to 10 minutes to downtown. Then you can park and walk wherever you want. Grove Arcade is full of shops and restaurants The Lab is a microbrewery that has good few. (Asheville was rated #1 Beer City!), and there are numerous other options to choose from to eat from casual to upscale, but depending on your tastes, I can recommend something that may suit you better.

La
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a one night in ashville

stay at the Country Inn & Suites on 199 Tunnel Rd. Perfect location, has very helpful staff, and is clean and comfy.To bad you're only staying one night, you're truly missing out on what this area has to offer!

3. Re: a one night in ashville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 07:17