We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WhAt’S FoR DiNnEr or LuNcH??·:*¨¨*:ShAre YoUr BeSt PiCks!!

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
53 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
WhAt’S FoR DiNnEr or LuNcH??·:*¨¨*:ShAre YoUr BeSt PiCks!!

We are heading to Asheville in a week and it will be our base for 5 nights. Looking for your best restaurant suggestions from all you FOODIES out there.

We are 4 adults & 2 kids(not picky eaters). We don’t need over-the- top expensive every night or Super Casual every night either.. We are just looking at Asheville’s(or surrounding areas) 'best pick’s' by the ‘Locals’ and/or past visitors and we’d love to check some of them out.

Dinners? Lunch?? Dessert Places?? Any places with music or entertainment??

Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: WhAt’S FoR DiNnEr or LuNcH??·:*¨¨*:ShAre YoUr BeSt PiCks!!

For lunch-try 12 Bones Smokehouse. It is a hole in the wall with great BBQ. A side note...President Obama has ate here 2 times in the last 3 years. First place he went when he got off Air Force one.

http://www.12bones.com/

For a great breakfast or lunch try Early Girl Eatery.

http://earlygirleatery.com/

Another place to visit with history and a nice tour is the Carl Sandberg House. It has a working goat farm. Your children will love seeing the goats and petting them. It is about 20 miles south of Asheville.

http://www.nps.gov/carl/index.htm

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WhAt’S FoR DiNnEr or LuNcH??·:*¨¨*:ShAre YoUr BeSt PiCks!!

Breakfast: "Tupelo Honey South" 1839 Hendersonville Road. 10 min south of downtown.

Dinner: "Corner Kitchen" in the Biltmore Villlage.

Steakhouse/unique carnivore experience: "Red Stagg Grille" in the Bohemian Hotel at the Biltmore Village.

Seafood" "Lobster Trap" on Patton ave.

Unique experience: The Grove Park Inn. If money is no object, eat here at the Sunset Terrace for fantastic views of the city and good steaks. Be sure to make reservations well ahead in advance.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
53 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WhAt’S FoR DiNnEr or LuNcH??·:*¨¨*:ShAre YoUr BeSt PiCks!!

Thank you popsoda & GPIFAN - Great stuff!!

Would you recommend Tupelo Honey South(or downtown location) or Early Girl Eatery for a casual dinner our first night in town?? We will be traveling all day and kids will be tired, so I wanted to stick to something good & casual & something known well in Asheville to give us a nice start on our trip.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WhAt’S FoR DiNnEr or LuNcH??·:*¨¨*:ShAre YoUr BeSt PiCks!!

President Obama went to Corner Kitchen also. It's open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Good luck.

Corner Kitchen @ 3 Boston Way, Asheville, NC 828 - 274 - 2439.

http://www.thecornerkitchen.com/

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WhAt’S FoR DiNnEr or LuNcH??·:*¨¨*:ShAre YoUr BeSt PiCks!!

By the way what's up with the mixed characters in your message. I don't think I have ever seen anyone post letters as you have.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WhAt’S FoR DiNnEr or LuNcH??·:*¨¨*:ShAre YoUr BeSt PiCks!!

I would go with Tupelo Honey South over Early Girl Eatery. Here's why. Call ahead and make reservations for Tupelo Honey South, you'll be glad you did. At the Tupelo Honey South location you won't have a problem finding parking and if you need supplies there are numerous grocery stores nearby. The Early Girl is right in downtown. Parking is challenging sometimes, the restaurant is small and food is hit or miss.

South Bend, Indiana
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: WhAt’S FoR DiNnEr or LuNcH??·:*¨¨*:ShAre YoUr BeSt PiCks!!

NINE MILE! I had the pesto dish here last time I was there, and it was one of the best dishes that I have Ever had! The Natty bread is also delicious...the flavor of the dishes here is outstanding.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
53 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WhAt’S FoR DiNnEr or LuNcH??·:*¨¨*:ShAre YoUr BeSt PiCks!!

Thank you everyone again for your great tips!! You all are great!!

GPIFAN ~ Thank you about the Tupelo Honey South idea. That sounds like a great plan and I like that its in an area where I can stop for some snacks & water for kids(in hotel room).

Georgia
Level Contributor
23 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: WhAt’S FoR DiNnEr or LuNcH??·:*¨¨*:ShAre YoUr BeSt PiCks!!

I was just in Asheville for 5 nights and Nine Mile was my favorite for dinner and 12Bones was the favorite for lunch.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
63 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: WhAt’S FoR DiNnEr or LuNcH??·:*¨¨*:ShAre YoUr BeSt PiCks!!

Can't believe no one has mentioned the Admiral Inn in West Asheville for dinner...hands down one of the best meals I've ever had. If you are a foodie, this is the place for you. Eclectic atmosphere, inventive, ever-changing menu, and wonderful food. Make a reservation because it is kind of small and fills up very quickly. Also, don't be alarmed by its location. To look at it from the outside, you would never know what a gem this place is. If they have the mussels the night you go, get them even if you are not a huge mussel fan. My mouth is watering just typing this!