We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice hotels near attractions

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lebanon, Ohio
Level Contributor
220 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Nice hotels near attractions

My husband and I are planning a trip to Asheville the week of Oct 10th. We would like to stay close to the main attractions (downtown and Biltmore Estates). We would like to stay at very nice hotel since this is our first real vacation in 4 years (and first vacation without our 2 year old daughter). We are currently looking at the Residences at Biltmore.

Husband is planning to spend a 4 hour fishing trip by himself. I would like to treat myself to a spa day while he is going fishing.

Any thoughts on Residences at Biltmore? Or other nice hotels? Any spa recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice hotels near attractions

We are going to be staying at the Hotel Indigo. I have heard very nice things about it on the tripadvisor.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,290 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice hotels near attractions

Within the Biltmore Estate, there several accommodations.. They are beautiful.

On the other side of Asheville, is the Grovepark Inn. The views are amazing and they offer a nice spa also.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
370 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice hotels near attractions

The Residences at Biltmore is a nice place, so I think you would like your stay. I do want to set your expectations though. You mentioned getting a hotel near Biltmore Estate and downtown. That location doesn't really exist as it will be one or the other. The Residences at Biltmore is about the closest thing to inbetween, but it is a "good" walk to Biltmore Village and to downtown. I would suggest in Biltmore Village, the Grand Bohemian and downtown Hotel Indigo. These place will allow you to be pampered a bit. Enjoy your stay.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice hotels near attractions

There is only one property on the ground of the Biltmore Estate and that's the Inn, which is very expensive. I would also recommend the Residences at Biltmore because it is close to the Biltmore Village and about 5 min from downtown. It is also the only place that has full kitchens in their suites, that way you can bring plenty of groceries with you and you won't have to go out to eat a lot and that can save you money. There is also a spa service called 'Around Town Massage' that will come to the hotel and give massage services at reasonable rates as well as a day spa in the Biltmore Village.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice hotels near attractions

The spa at Grove Park Inn is one of the best in the country. You will be going to Asheville at peak season. Book everything early and expect to pay peak prices.

Edited: 08 July 2011, 11:42
Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
876 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice hotels near attractions

What Bud said; book soon.

The spa at the Grove Park is supposed to be terrific, and the Inn is very nice, but it is not walking distance to downtown and quite a drive to the Biltmore. There are some spas downtown, one is called Sensibilities, so if you stayed at the Indigo, the Haywood Park or the Renaissance (sort of the "big three" downtown) you could walk while your husband is fishing. Over in Biltmore Village at the entrance to the estate is the Grand Bohemian and also a Doubletree. And of course the Inn on the estate is very luxurious, and I'm sure can arrange a spa day for you.

If you can handle the price and this is your first vacation in four years, I would go for either the Inn on the Biltmore Estate or the Grove Park. Have a great trip!

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice hotels near attractions

You may also want to look into the Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park. They have Sensibilities Day Spa located on site and the hotel is only a couple of years old. It's not located in downtown or Biltmore (about 12 miles away), but it's close to Mills River which has some excellent places to fish.

Level Contributor
207 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice hotels near attractions

If cost is not an issue, then one day at the Grove Park Inn is a day you'll always remember. I wouldn't stay there for your whole time as it is inconvenient to things but it is a memorable hotel.

9. Re: Nice hotels near attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 03:18