We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip itin and info

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
mgr
Atlanta,Ga
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First trip itin and info

We are visiting for the first time 7/21-24 on our Harley. We plan on arriving @ 12pm and having lunch @ Blue nine, then the visitors center and the Grey line on and off to get the lay of the land. Dinner @ Zambra. Fri. is open ( a ride in the morning maybe and we still have use of the on and off) and were thinking possibly of the Lexington brewery or Havana cuban for lunch. Sat. Biltmore w/ lunch @ the DeerPark buffet then dinner @ Corner Kitchen @ 8. We want to visit as many breweries and brew pubs as we can and nightlife with live ent. Does any one have any links to Pubs/ Brew live ent. venues, ride itin, suggestions or comments? Thanks for any help.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip itin and info

It sounds like you have a great plan in place. Make sure you take a ride out on the Blue Ridge Parkway and also check out the Tail of the Dragon in Robbinsville (a pilgrimage for bikers).

The restaurants you chose are some of my favorites so you won't go wrong there. Here's the link to some breweries... http://bit.ly/eXiN5I

Have fun!

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip itin and info

The Orange Peel is a great music venue: http://theorangepeel.net/

mgr
Atlanta,Ga
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip itin and info

I guess you realized I meant Nine mile for lunch. I've been to the TOTD before but not w/ my wife. How far of a drive is it, and can I take it on my way there from ATL. Thanks

Hendersonville, NC
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First trip itin and info

Hey Mgr,

While it's not actually a brewpub, the best beer place in Asheville is the Thirsty Monk at the corner of Patton and Coxe Avenues downtown. Huge Belgian selection downstairs, local and U.S. craft beer upstairs. Right across the street in Jack of the Wood pub, which has a good selection of local brews and also has good live music at night on the weekends. Two blocks down Coxe from the Monk/Jack of the Wood in Asheviile Brewing Company (solid, though not great beers), and right around the corner from there is Craggie Brewing.

For maybe the best local beers in town, head down to the Wedge brewpub in the River Arts District, just a five-minute drive from the Monk. Funky, very Asheville outdoors section, free shelled peanuts and a wide selection of some really tasty brews.

Have fun!

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First trip itin and info

Good advice by Mtnwriter. Can't go wrong with those suggestions.

For local info online I go to MountainX.com. I weekly local publication that has info on happenings. Check the right side of the website for weekend info and click the "clubland" link at the top for what's happening at the clubs.

Highland Brewery has live music both Friday and Saturday night.

Craggie Brewery has live music each night. French Broad Brewery also.

And, if you want a fun experience the minor league baseball team The Tourists have home games all weekend starting at 6pm. McCormick Field is near downtown and has local beers on tap.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
370 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First trip itin and info

You could also hop on board a brews cuise. http://brewscruise.com/

Here is a link that supplies links for breweries! Great brews and great brew city. exploreasheville.com/foodtopia/…index.aspx

Also the restaurants you selected are good ones as well. Enjoy your trip.

7. Re: First trip itin and info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 04:17