We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biltmore Village area bars, restaurants, shops, boutiques

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
395 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Biltmore Village area bars, restaurants, shops, boutiques

We are visiting Asheville in a few weeks (first weekend in March) and will be staying at the Grand Bohemian in Biltmore Village. What are some of the other things to see, explore, and experience within walking distance of our hotel?

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
388 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biltmore Village area bars, restaurants, shops, boutiques

If you are going to walk from the Bohemian, please be REALLY CAREFUL crossing the road. Many people do not observe the pedestrian crosswalk signs, as they are either a tourist looking for the entrance to the Biltmore, or just driving to fast and not paying any attention.

There are lots of things to do in the Biltmore Village area. Check out the old train depot (now called the Wayside, has a bar with decent bar food) Also, there is a lot of other good restaurants there too - Fig, Corner Kitchen (in one of the old original homes in the village), and Rezaz (they also have the Enoteca, next door where you can have a glass of wine and a snack.)

The Episcopal church (All Souls) there, is quite neat with lots of Vanderbilt history as well. If I have my history right, Cornellia was married there. (I must check this one out to make sure that that is right?)

I'm not sure if this still exists, but in the complex with the Books and Breadboard (which is getting good reviews on TA), there is a lamp shop. They use to have a neat exhibit upstairs, with pictures of Biltmore Village when it was being built.

Of course there is shopping to there. Some chains and some local stuff.

Enjoy your visit!

Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biltmore Village area bars, restaurants, shops, boutiques

Take time to visit Grove Park Inn. It's a grand old historic hotel. Have lunch and enjoy the scenery. The spa is outstanding. Enjoy your visit.

Grove Park Inn @ 290 Macon Avenue, Asheville, North Carolina 800 - 438 - 5800.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Biltmore Village area bars, restaurants, shops, boutiques

We stayed in Biltmore Village for a couple of nights back in September. Breakfast at The Corner Kitchen and an evening meal at Neo Cantina. I'd recommend both.

Lot's of interesting shops.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Biltmore Village area bars, restaurants, shops, boutiques

Hi there,

The Asheville CVB here. One of my favorite shops in the village is called Blue - it's a craft jewelry store with really unique rings, necklaces, etc.

Since you're staying at the Bohemian be sure to eat at their restaurant, The Red Stag Grill. Chef Adam Hayes serves up amazing cuisine.

Have fun!

5. Re: Biltmore Village area bars, restaurants, shops, boutiques

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2013, 10:47