We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days to spend in Asheville, NC

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dana Point...
Level Contributor
230 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How many days to spend in Asheville, NC

I just made reservations to go visit my son in Raleigh in October. From Raleigh my husband and I will rent a car and drive up to Asheville, just wondering if 2 nights is long enough to visit or would 3 nights be better. Just not sure if there's enough to keep us occupied for 2 full days and 2 half days in Asheville.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days to spend in Asheville, NC

It all depends on your interests. For some visitors a whole week is not enough, for others two full days is plenty. What are you planning to do/see once you get there?

Chicago
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days to spend in Asheville, NC

We just got back. We spent 3 days in Ashville, and I think that was perfect.

One day at the Biltmore estate. One day just wandering around: downtown Ashville, Biltmore Village, Grove Park Inn, art district etc; And one day drove the Blue Ridge Parkway and did some short hikes. After that we headed to Black Mountain and rented a cabin in the mountains for a couple of days.

Conover, North...
Level Contributor
4 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days to spend in Asheville, NC

It really is dependent on your personal tastes. Touring the Biltmore house takes several hours. Touring the winery and other parts of the estate can take several more hours. There's a lot of shopping at Biltmore Village. The art district is nice as well. You have the Parkway close by for a great scenic drive as well as Hendersonville. It's about 30 minutes away and offers a really nice small town NC feel with a lot of shops. I would definitely consider at least 3-4 days.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days to spend in Asheville, NC

Hi there,

The Asheville CVB here. I always recommend adding a day so that you can explore at a more leisurely pace. There's plenty to see and do here, so I highly doubt you'll get bored.

Have a great trip!

5. Re: How many days to spend in Asheville, NC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:40