We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Ohio to Hilton head stopping in Ashville - hotels

cincy
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Driving Ohio to Hilton head stopping in Ashville - hotels

We will be driving from Cincinnati to Hilton Head and are stopping in Ashville, need hotel advice. Looking for something right off the highway and easy access. Two adults and two kids ages 1 and 4, looking for something clean and comfortable, leaving Friday the 18 th, any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving Ohio to Hilton head stopping in Ashville - hotels

The Holiday Inn West at Exit 44 is nice. It's right off the IS.

holidayinn.com/hotels/…

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving Ohio to Hilton head stopping in Ashville - hotels

There are some nice hotels at Exit 33. There's a Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn and Country Inn and Suites right off the IS. I like the Holiday Inn Express which offers free breakfast.

hiexpress.com/hotels/…

Edited: 13 May 2012, 18:50
Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving Ohio to Hilton head stopping in Ashville - hotels

When you leave Knoxville, TN you may need to make a road stop.. If you want to get on past Knoxville here's a neat place 30 miles E of Knoxville with good seafood for lunch. If you don't eat you can rest and get a cold drink. Get off I 40 at Exit 417 and go S on Hwy. 92 a couple of miles to Dandridge, TN. This runs into Meeting St. Go 5/6 blocks to Dandridge Seafood Restaurant.

Dandridge Seafood Restaurant @ 310 East Meeting St., Dandridge, TN 865 - 397 - 2315.

I would rather go to Smoky's Steak and BBQ which is one street over on E. Main and before the Dandridge Seafood Restaurant. They have good burgers, salads, etc. I know you did not want BBQ but Smoky's is a very nice restaurant in an attractive location with outdoor dining on the front porch. Check this link for their menu.

Smoky's Steak and BBQ @ 149 East Main St., Dandridge, TN 865 - 397 - 2272.

http://www.smokyssteakandbbq.com/

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
48 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving Ohio to Hilton head stopping in Ashville - hotels

I got a good price thru hotwire for the holiday inn downtown asheville, which is actually right off the highway and not downtown. It was very convenient.

5. Re: Driving Ohio to Hilton head stopping in Ashville - hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 21:15