We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route from Asheville to Sevierville TN

texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Route from Asheville to Sevierville TN

Hi can anybody please suggest the most scenic route from Asheville to Sevierville TN and if there are any stops that we should make along the way? Thank you!

Hendersonville...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route from Asheville to Sevierville TN

The most scenic route, and the one I drive, is to take I-40 West to US-74 then take US-19 through Maggie Valley to Cherokee. When you get to Cherokee, take US-441 all the way to Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville.

Edited: 22 June 2012, 11:25
Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Route from Asheville to Sevierville TN

Another route that is nice is to take 40 to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Take the parkway to Cherokee where it ends at 441 and then take 441 through the park to Sevierville. This route will take a couple of hours longer. I have done both routes and enjoy the drive on both. I don't like travelling the interstates.

If you go through Maggie Valley and like motorcycles stop at the Wheels Through Time Museum. It is worth the time. The wife who does not care for motorcycles has always enjoyed the stop.

texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Route from Asheville to Sevierville TN

Great thank you! This site is so helpful. We are actually spending a couple of days in Nashville then going to Asheville then back to Sevierville to meet up with family. Maybe I can look at taking one of the routes to Asheville and the other route back to Sevierville.

4. Re: Route from Asheville to Sevierville TN

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2013, 05:41