We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fast whitewater rafting

Marshall, NC., USA
4 posts
Save Topic
fast whitewater rafting

We'd like to find faster whitewater than available in Marshall. Does anyone have a source for something safe but fast; thus far, we've found great trips for kids, but are looking for something else. Many thanks.

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fast whitewater rafting

This should be a good start. Have fun!

http://www.greatsmokies.com/rafting.php

Asheville, North...
Destination Expert
for Asheville
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fast whitewater rafting

Hmmm. Especially on a river as opposed to a man-made watercourse, 'safe' and 'fast' are opposing considerations.

Dam-controlled rivers like the Nantahala have more consistent flow during periods of release , so there's no flat stretches requiring significant paddling even though the rapids are only Class I-II. To move up, look to the Middle Ocoee , the Nolichuckey Gorge or the Chatooga Section IV, but timing and availability of trips is very limited.

Marshall, NC., USA
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: fast whitewater rafting

Thank you to retiredagent.

Marshall, NC., USA
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: fast whitewater rafting

Thank you. I know fast and safe are opposing factors, but I'm a grandma and my visitor is 19 and so we need ... fast for him, safe for me. I'll follow the gorge suggestion ... and thank you again.

5. Re: fast whitewater rafting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 23:17