We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept 28-30th

Atlanta, Georgia
6 posts
Save Topic
Sept 28-30th

Hi everyone,

We are planning on a trip to Asheville, it seems like we are late in terms of planning based on the availability of hotels! It seems like October is "the month" to visit. We would love to visit in Oct but the rates are too high.

Would we be missing a lot by coming late Sept? What about around Veterans' day? Is that too late to see the foliage?

Thanks!

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
7,734 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept 28-30th

The second half of October is usually the best time to see the leaves, but it varies year to year. Higher elevations show color first and lower elevations hang onto it longer.

Check http://www.romanticasheville.com/fall.htm for a fall color forecast and dated pictures of fall foliage from recent years.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
382 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept 28-30th

I personally think that late September would be a great time to visit, especially this year. I have been watching the Sourwood trees turn (that usually turn red along with the Dogwoods mid Sept.) for about a month now. We are suppose to have a cold snap here this week that will help to encourage the show. It is going to be a early color show this year. It will still be warm during the day and get cool at night. Less crowds and less $$$. I say GO FOR IT!

Edited: 07 September 2012, 04:59
Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept 28-30th

www.exploreasheville.com

That site will help you in planning, go to the Events calendar and look through the dates you want to visit.

4. Re: Sept 28-30th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2013, 10:18