We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian/Waterfall loving Mom's 60th birthday in Asheville

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vegetarian/Waterfall loving Mom's 60th birthday in Asheville

Hi there!

First off, thank you for taking the time to help me come up with a special trip for my mother's 60th birthday.

I have been to Asheville about 4-5 times and LOVED it every time. I know my mom will as well.

In the past, I visited downtown Asheville, Black Mountain, Chimney Rock, and waterfalls around Brevard.

This trip will be October 20-23 and we will definitely visit downtown Asheville, drive along BRP and possibly visit Brevard and Black Mountain.

But I am TOTALLY OPEN to suggestions!

What special places or activities could you recommend? I'm open to 'out-side the box' recommendations.

My mom loves waterfalls - any suggestions? Is Brevard THE spot for waterfalls? Any specific recommendations?

We are thinking about traveling October 20-23 - is it generally cold this time of year?

Any quirky/cool places to check out in the evenings?

What are some really good vegetarian / vegan places to check out?

Thank you SO much for adding your thoughts to make this an awesome experience for us.

Be well..

Edited: 10 September 2012, 00:04
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
7,309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarian/Waterfall loving Mom's 60th birthday in Asheville

Asheville sounds like the perfect destination for your mom, lots of vegetarian and waterfalls there.

For vegetarian, we like Laughing Seed restaurant although I haven't had the chance to go in awhile.

I mainly wanted to let you know to make your reservations ASAP if you haven't already. That is absolutely peak foliage season and should be quite gorgeous, but hotels do fill up.

I'm sure more Asheville denizens will chime in with specific recommendations, too.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarian/Waterfall loving Mom's 60th birthday in Asheville

Yeah, like panchopup said, if you have not booked for October yet you could be in for a really hard time finding lodging. Peak Fall colors and all.

Brevard has many of the best waterfalls, if not all. It is a cute little town.

Rosettas Kitchen, PLANT, Laughing Seed and Green Sage are all great options for Vegan dining.

Check out www.exploreasheville.com for things to do over those dates.

Lumberton, North...
Level Contributor
100 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegetarian/Waterfall loving Mom's 60th birthday in Asheville

Check out this website for NC Waterfalls. NC has many and the Brevard area has some of the best but they are scattered throughout the mountains.

http://www.ncwaterfalls.com/

4. Re: Vegetarian/Waterfall loving Mom's 60th birthday in Asheville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2013, 10:17