We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best BRP entrance

Monroe, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Best BRP entrance

We wil be traveling from Wisconsin to NC to visit the Biltmore Estate and then driving north on the BRP to Fancy Gap, VA.

My question is how long would it take to drive from Waynesville on 276 in TN to the BRP at Wagon Gap and then on to Asheville where we will spend the night?

Is this a good point to enter the BRP or should we just drive I-40 to Asheville and then get on the BRP from there?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best BRP entrance

I would get on the BRP at Maggie Valey North Carolina. Get off at exit 20. It will take you about 2 hours to get to Asheville from Maggie Valley on the BRP. In my opinion this is the prettiest stretch of the BRP.

Monroe, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best BRP entrance

Thank you for your reply but how is the traffic in Maggie Valley?

Is there another entrace to the BRP that is less congested?

Hendersonville...
Level Contributor
17 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best BRP entrance

There is virtually No traffic in Maggie Vallwy

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best BRP entrance

Maggie Valley is not congested at all. The stretch between Soco Gap (the entrance off US 19 near Maggie Valley) and Asheville is beautiful. There is a great 360 view from Waterrock Knob. There are also beautiful views from other locations - Graveyard Fields overlook and the Pisgah Inn are two favorites. I agree that it is one of the prettiest stretches of the Parkway.

Monroe, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best BRP entrance

Thank you for your input about Maggie Valley and that stretch of the BRP.

Now I have to decide whether to spend more time driving on the BRP or arrving at the Biltmore early and spending more time there.

We are spending 2 nights at the Biltmore.

Any thoughts?

Hendersonville...
Level Contributor
17 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best BRP entrance

The Biltmore can take you two days if you take your time and do all the out buildings and the mansion. One suggestion, invest in the audio headphones for the tour of the mansion. It really all depends what you like as to whether to spend more time there or on the PKWY. If you are into nature and scenery, then the PKWY......no matter what you choose, you won;t make a wrong decision.

7. Re: Best BRP entrance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 07:19