We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romance in Asheville

Nashville
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Romance in Asheville

I am trying to plan a romantic weekend in Asheville with my husband the first weekend in November. We originally wanted to stay at the Grove Park Inn since we have heard so much about it from various people in the past. However, the TA reviews leave me stumped and confused. We may not be able to get massages and enjoy the spa at Grove Park since I didn't reserve them months in advance. At this point, I don't think spending the money for Grove Park Inn is worth it. Any suggestions?

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romance in Asheville

You're right about Grove Park. They are in a complicated transitional period with new ownership and the place is a mess.

You could consider being right in downtown at the Indigo, which isn't bad. It lacks amenities though, like a pool/hot tub/firepit area and mini fridges in the rooms. Or you could score all that off the main drag by staying at the Residences at Biltmore and if you haven't seen it head over to the Biltmore Estate for a romantic dinner at the Dining Room. You could opt for a couples massage in your suite at the Residences at Biltmore through Around Town Massage. They are great.

http://www.residencesatbiltmore.com/

www.biltmore.com/visit/dining/dining-room.asp

http://aroundtownmassage.com/

Nashville
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romance in Asheville

Thanks, GPIFAN. Would you suggest Residences over the Inn on Biltmore Estate?

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romance in Asheville

"You're right about Grove Park. They are in a complicated transitional period with new ownership and the place is a mess."

GPIFan, can you be more specific about your comment, please? How is it a mess?

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romance in Asheville

Ways2go, from what I have seen and been told recently, the consistency of quality service is lacking. They have been remodeling and doing renovations while in itself is not a bad thing but right now during a busy October season seems poorly planned. The Great Hall is being worked on, the Vanderbilt Wing is being worked on. Sure, it is nearly a 100 year old property that needs a great deal of renovation and they are pressed to complete it in time for the 100th birthday next summer, I personally would not stay there at this time. A later date, not a doubt. Grove Park is a historic gem that has a great deal of potential.

TMister to answer your question that depends on how much you are willing to spend. the Inn at Biltmore Estate is not cheap. For a weekend in a king room you'll spend close to $1200. Stay at the Residences at Biltmore in a One Bedroom apartment for the weekend and spend $550. The Residences has full kitchens, living room suites, hot tub/fire pit. Lots of amenities. This is where my family stays when they visit because it is complete and we can fix meals in suite instead of having to go out all the time. Depends on what you want to do.

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romance in Asheville

Thanks, GPIFAN. Do you think the Great Hall will be done in time for the Christmas season?

Nashville
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romance in Asheville

Thanks, GPIFAN. I ended up booking at the Residences at Biltmore per your suggestion. Any suggestions on spas for a couples massage?

7. Re: Romance in Asheville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2013, 00:43
Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romance in Asheville

http://aroundtownmassage.com/

Around Town Massage will set up in the suite, even for a couples massage, and you won't even need to go anywhere! Set up your own music, have the whirlpool ready and don't worry about any hassles.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romance in Asheville

We regarded the Inn at the Biltmore Estates as upscale romantic. Quiet surroundings. Like being far from the city. Not cheap, of course. We've also stayed at two HamptonInns and a Crowne Plaza. If cost were no object, I'd go for the Inn at B.E.

Edited: 17 October 2012, 21:02
10. Re: Romance in Asheville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Asheville