We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bars with outdoor (heated) area? smokers in our group.

whoville
10 posts
Save Topic
bars with outdoor (heated) area? smokers in our group.

may be a long shot, but will be in town for a few days in late January. girls' weekend. a couple of the ladies smoke. are there any bars downtown that have outdoor smoking areas? preferably heated (but cant be too choosey). I know two of the group will need to "step out" from time to time. that's their choice I guess. just trying to cover our bases since I am in charge of itinerary

thanks,

Bethie

Greensboro, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bars with outdoor (heated) area? smokers in our group.

I'm a female native North Carolinian, and a smoker. Statewide, you can step just outside the door pretty much anywhere, but few if any places make it comfortable. At least they won't run you off unless you are right AT the front door or smack in front of the main entrance to a hospital or something. The only place I know of in Asheville where you can eat drink and smoke outside simultaneously is at Neo Cantina in Biltmore Village Shops. It is a cool Mexican bar/joint anyway, so worth visiting. The location is wonderful. They DO have outside heaters. It is my favorite place in Asheville...just funky with a fun atmosphere.

Have a safe fun trip!

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bars with outdoor (heated) area? smokers in our group.

Hi there,

The Asheville CVB here. There are some places that accommodate outside smoking without leaving you out in the cold.

Try The Admiral in West Asheville - they have an outdoor fireplace with seating, and their food is amazing. Make reservations now for dinner. It books up fast.

Sazerac in downtown has a heated outdoor area on the roof. They serve great craft cocktails and their small plate menu is good too.

The w xyz bar is located in the Aloft in downtown Asheville. It's open to the public and they have a spot called "the ledge" where you can stand/sit outside. It also has an outdoor fireplace.

Have a great time!

whoville
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bars with outdoor (heated) area? smokers in our group.

thanks. Sazerac may work, although it looks a bit fancy. We'll just stroll I guess until we find something. Sounds like there a quire a few options in downtown - which is where we are staying.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
370 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bars with outdoor (heated) area? smokers in our group.

You may want to try some of the breweries as some have outdoor seating. Not sure about heat and be sure to check times/days to be sure they are open

Greensboro, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: bars with outdoor (heated) area? smokers in our group.

Also check under www.visitasheville.com That is the Board of Tourism's site and they have great info. You can also go by there in person once you are there.....36 Montford Ave, right at downtown area. They have tons of literature about places to go, things to do, etc. Plus, cool Ashevile t-shirts, souvenirs, etc.

NC
Level Contributor
248 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bars with outdoor (heated) area? smokers in our group.

Recovering smoker here, so Broadways has a deck. Jack of the Wood has outside. So does the Southern. I think Arcade does if that is even still open.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bars with outdoor (heated) area? smokers in our group.

Green Man Brewery on Buxton has an outdoor area and I think Highland does too. The above mentioned places are good choices except for Arcade, which is a terrible bar.

8. Re: bars with outdoor (heated) area? smokers in our group.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 05:16