We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asheville to Cherokee section of BRP in March

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
157 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Asheville to Cherokee section of BRP in March

I noticed that the Asheville-Cherokee section of the Blue Ridge Parkway is currently mostly closed. We'll be in the area in early March (the 7th), and I was wondering if that section of the parkway is typically still closed in March.

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,944 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asheville to Cherokee section of BRP in March

Most BRP closures are due to weather issues. BRP roads are not treated/plowed for snow/ice; they are closed instead; so the parkway is often closed a good deal during Winter months. Some of the BRP closures are recent weather related, so will be reopened as that changes.....However a large section in the Asheville area won't reopen until April.... nps.gov/blri/planyourvisit/roadclosures.htm I'd recommend using this website to check closures again just before your arrival and during your trip, as it can change often.

Just note, early March weather in all of NC can vary greatly, from nice Spring weather to sometimes the most severe Winter weather. (Record levels NC snowfalls are in March) Check weather before you come to get an idea of what you'll be seeing...but prepare for anything. :)

2. Re: Asheville to Cherokee section of BRP in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 05:15