We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn at Biltmore Estate

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
94 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Inn at Biltmore Estate

My husband and I - eary 60's will be on a driving trip in late may. I am considering splurging and staying at the inn for the ambience and just to do it. We will stay either 2 or 3 nights . A couple of questons though (and forgive in advance the typos):

1. No way will I get my husband out of his cargo pants on a trip like this. So I know the "nice" restaurant is out -- but is that otherwise going to be a problem?

2. The basic rate is roughly $300 a night. There is a bed and breakfast package that includes breakfast of course and admissions for each day or part day, audio guide and a brochure that comes to about $100 more a night. But I doubt that we will be able to do tany tours more than 1 day as I exopect to arrive fairly late in the afternoon or early evening and will probably do a BRP drive the 2nd full day if we stay 3 nights. So anyone have any idea what full breakfasts on the estate are likely to cost us? Because if I deduct 2 admissions x 44 I am at about 375 a night. My guess its its not worth the extra but notsure if I am missing something in my math. (it doesn't look to me like the admssion includes an audio guide in May, so maybe that's a bit extra). Are my assumptions correct?

3. Debating about whetehr to do the railroad out of Bryson -- can that be done from Asheville and back? And is it more kid oriented or Ok for adults? I have seen mixed things on TA about how good a view you get for one, but not much about adult v. kids (except for the Polar Express). .

Go! Running Tours Asheville
Sightseeing Tours, Running Tours
Blue Ridge Hiking Company - Day Hikes
Hiking & Camping Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Asheville Hiking Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inn at Biltmore Estate

You would have many, many excellent dining options if you ventured off the Estate grounds and into either Biltmore Village or downtown, either of which are not far at all. If you must stay on property then you would have Cedric's Tavern and the Bistro as options. Check the menus on the dining website for the Biltmore and you'll get a better idea of food and meal costs.

www.biltmore.com/visit/dining/default.asp

It is about an hour from Asheville to Bryson City and the railroad. If you have a full day and want to take that trip I would recommend it.

Mentioned in this post
Biltmore Village
Biltmore Village
826 Reviews
Asheville, NC
Bryson City
Bryson City
North Carolina Mountains, NC
Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
388 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inn at Biltmore Estate

Many inns and hotels in the area offer Biltmore Packages. Many of these tickets you may use for 2 days as well. I am assuming that the $$$ cost is due to the fact that it may be during the Flower Festival? Also, you can get discounted tickets to the Estate online, in advance. These are only good for one day though, I believe.

Yes, visiting the house is a self guided thing. It will take most folks several hours in the house alone. YES, by all means spend the extra money on the audio tour, I think that it is between $10-15? You will get so much more information about the house and the family though. You can also start and stop them as you go. Don't miss getting the audio tour they are worth it!

As for the cargo pants, I am not sure that I would let my husband into the dining room at the inn with his on any other meal than breakfast. Cedrics is a good option.

Consider an inn near the Blue Ridge Parkway, that include Biltmore Packages - (both off the beaten path a little bit) -

Sourwood Inn - www.sourwoodinn.com

Bent Creek Lodge - www.bentcreeknc.com

Mentioned in this post
Sourwood Inn
Sourwood Inn
242 Reviews
Asheville, NC
3. Re: Inn at Biltmore Estate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 06:18