Fiance and I are meeting 1/2way between or current locations while he is on short military leave. Asheville seemed like a nice getaway with things we both like (mostly the beer for him :) wine for me - hiking and arts district for both. Suggestions needed for narrowing down options for:
1. lodging ($135/nt or less). Don't mind not being in the town.
2. Any music/cultural events happening next weekend
3. Medium-end restaurants - fresh, non-chain, good service, view or fun atmosphere.
4. Wineries/breweries to visit in 2 days.
5. Any other suggestions for activities for cash-strapped star-crossed lovers who desperately need time together before he deploys again. :) Hopefully the weather cooperates and we can get in a hike or 2.