We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown 2 weeks - no car....help!

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown 2 weeks - no car....help!

I'll be working and staying near The Pack Square Park area for 2 weeks in April. I won't have access to a car so I am looking for ideas of what to do in the immediate area during my down time. Also looking for suggestions of good(safe) walking/hiking routes.

Thanks for any ideas.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown 2 weeks - no car....help!

You'll have tons of options as far as shopping and dining go since you'll be right in downtown. There are numerous art galleries, the Fine Arts Theater and the Orange Peel Theater are all on Biltmore Ave next to Pack Square. McCormick Field is nearby also. If you dig baseball, the minor league team The Asheville Tourists start up in April.

For safe walking areas stick to downtown & Biltmore Ave. Avoid Montford ave, Patton Ave west of downtown, Merrimon Ave.

City Buses run from the Coxe ave area, which is less than 10 min from Pack Square. If you are feeling adventurous you could get on a bus and cruise wherever.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown 2 weeks - no car....help!

Thanks!

Asheville, North...
Destination Expert
for Asheville
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown 2 weeks - no car....help!

The Asheville city bus system will take you to the area where the BRP and Mountains-to Sea Trail cross US 70 near the VA medical Center east of town, near the Folk Art Center and BRP HQ, and at the NC Arboretum south of town. Great, safe hiking at both locations.

4. Re: Downtown 2 weeks - no car....help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 06:17