We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Smoky Mountain Railroad

Coastal South...
Level Contributor
381 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Great Smoky Mountain Railroad

We will be visiting the Asheville area in a few weeks and are interested in taking the train trip for the above listed railroad. Can anyone please tell me if this is a worthwhile activity to do? Thanks!

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Smoky Mountain Railroad

This is a great activity.. I have done this twice the last time was 2 years ago. I recommend leaving out of Bryson city. It is a beautiful trip following the Nanthala river and stops for lunch at the outdoor center. This is a great trip for all ages! I would recommend an open car if you enjoy taking pics and seeing the beautiful scenery.

Maryland
Level Contributor
316 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Smoky Mountain Railroad

Yes, it is a nice way to see areas inaccessible by car.

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Smoky Mountain Railroad

Agree with those above. By all means, do it!

4. Re: Great Smoky Mountain Railroad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 05:16