We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Asheville eating places we will NEVER forget!

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tipton, Indiana
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
The Asheville eating places we will NEVER forget!

My gal and I are heading to Asheville for 3 days. What are the great, DO NOT MISS joints to eat. We do not care if they are Linen table cloths or hole in the wall. We are looking for those Incredible breakfast places, and the foodie dinner for two places too. If any of the nearby towns have a quaint little stops to eat please speak up about those too.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Asheville eating places we will NEVER forget!

I think the do-not-miss, foodie-oriented restaurant is Curate.

Hendersonville...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Asheville eating places we will NEVER forget!

2 of my favorites for foodie-oriented Southern Cuisine are Tupelo Honey Cafe and the Corner Kitchen. You will be dissapointed with either.

Tipton, Indiana
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Asheville eating places we will NEVER forget!

Thank U both for your help!

Asheville, North...
Destination Expert
for Asheville
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Asheville eating places we will NEVER forget!

I would add Chestnut for foodie, The Admiral for foodie-dive-bar (although service has suffered recently), Nine Mile for evening Caribbean funky, Chai Pani, Early Girl Eatery and Sunny Side Cafe for breakfast / lunch, 12 Bones Smokehouse for stand-in-line barbecue and sides to die for on a giant aluminum plate, French Broad Chocolate Lounge for a chocoholic fix , any of our local brewery pubs for amazing craft-brewed beers, and The Sunset Deck at the Flat Iron Building for a sunset view martini .

Johnson City...
Level Contributor
185 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Asheville eating places we will NEVER forget!

Well Bred Bakery located Main Street, Weaverville....They have sweets to savory. Their bakery cases were described by a foodie friend as something they had experienced when they lived in San Francisco. Their variety of cakes, cookies, scones, candy, mountain eclair ( use your imagination), etc...is wonderful.

They also have a selection of sandwiches, quiches, soups and salads, coffee. Weaverville's main street is very small but unique.

Tipton, Indiana
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Asheville eating places we will NEVER forget!

This all sounds GREAT! Thank U!

Tipton, Indiana
Level Contributor
29 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Asheville eating places we will NEVER forget!

What can u folks tell me about the Stone House Market ??? or..... The Stoney Knob Café in Weaverville ???

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Asheville eating places we will NEVER forget!

We were underwhelmed with Tupelo Honey Cafe. Biscuits and honey are a nice touch. Menu looks great, but meals themselives are very forgetable, IMO.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
28 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Asheville eating places we will NEVER forget!

Stoney Knob Cafe is definitely on our list of Asheville favorites.

Johnson City...
Level Contributor
185 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Asheville eating places we will NEVER forget!

We will drive over the mountain just to eat at the Stoney Knob Cafe (Cuisine from near and far). I am always trying to plan when our next visit can be. I always have difficult time deciding what to pick from their menu....hopefully one day I will have been able to try everything.(LOL). We are usually over for lunch and I am big fan of their ever changing lunch specials. Last time we there was about 3 weeks ago and I had the grouper cakes and there wasn't a flake of cake left. They have 6-10 daily changing side dishes. Fresh, Fresh,Fresh. A couple of my foodie memories was a pasticcio and pimento cheese melt, with bacon,fried green tomatoes and spinach. Their dinner menu is tops. If you go for dinner make sure you call and get a reservation. I also recommend their peanut butter and chocolate pie....I will usually get a piece of pie to go.

There is no shortage of good food/restaurants in the Asheville area. Glad you asked about Stoney Knob Cafe.