We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late Oct Trip - Husband in Meetings All Day - Suggestions?

MA
Level Contributor
113 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Late Oct Trip - Husband in Meetings All Day - Suggestions?

Husband and I (early 50s) will be in Asheville Oct 23-27 for husband to attend a veterinary conference. We are staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel (since conference is there) and will have a rental car. Husband will be in meetings until 4:30 but may get out earlier on a few days.

I plan to explore by myself - 1 day at Biltmore and 1 day in town (I'm guessing the Thurs and Fri for those two things). Any suggestions for Sat? Husband finishes a bit earlier that day - I'd love to drive some of the Blue Ridge Pkwy - is that doable?

We are not foodies and plan to hit as many microbreweries and brew pubs as possible. I've started a list based on other posts here and figure maybe 2 - 3 per evening, so 6 - 9ish total. Any not-to-be-missed or have the best food?

Any other suggestions? It will be our first time there...Thanks!

Asheville, North...
Destination Expert
for Asheville
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late Oct Trip - Husband in Meetings All Day - Suggestions?

If the weather cooperates, you should be PERFECT in your timing for a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The fall views from the overlooks should be spectacular.

It's hard to make a mistake on brew pubs. My favorites are Wicked Weed, Lexington Avenue Brewing Co., Asheville Brewing Co. and Green Man Brewing/ Jack of the Wood. Packs Tavern and Barley's Pizza have good causal food and extensive selections of beer on tap.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
7,383 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late Oct Trip - Husband in Meetings All Day - Suggestions?

Sure you certainly should drive some of the Blue Ridge Parkway on Sat. You could hit some great leaves then.

You might like to check out the NC Arboretum one of the days: http://www.ncarboretum.org . You don't have to be foodies to enjoy the great restaurants in Asheville. There are some that are "fine dining", but many more that are just good food.

3. Re: Late Oct Trip - Husband in Meetings All Day - Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 05:18