We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Color foliage

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Color foliage

Im planning a trip to Asheville, NC (last 2 days of October and first 2 days Nov) , the main purpose is Blue Ridge scenic drive.

Will be able to see the fall foliage colors driving Blue Ridge Parkway @ that time?

Thank you

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,686 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Color foliage

I think that time will be past color peak. Maybe at the lower elevation, some color will remain.

visitnc.com/journeys/articles/fall-color-l-f…

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
7,572 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Color foliage

That's a little late, but there should still be some color at lower elevations.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
7,572 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Color foliage

queeni, we posted at the same time!

I usually think the 2nd or 3rd week of Oct is about peak in the mountains, but it does depend on the elevation.

I think Romantic Asheville has great info fall foliage: http://www.romanticasheville.com/fall.htm .

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,686 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Color foliage

panchopup

We left the mountains a few days ago and the color were starting. A few leaves already blowing around in the wind. As you know, hard to predict. Much depends on the weather. I think their late visit will miss the higher elevations.

Asheville, North...
Destination Expert
for Asheville
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Color foliage

Unless we have an extreme high wind event that knocks the leaves off, there is good color on the south slope of the Blue Ridge Escarpment through mid-November, e.g. , Caesars Head State Park in South Carolina , Lake Lure.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
7,572 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Color foliage

I agree queeni. I think between the 5th and the 20th this year (the 2nd & 3rd weeks) would be the time to go, but you can always go up or down in the mts to find some leaves turning somewhere in Oct. Saw some red dogwoods here in Chapel Hill today. I think we'll be up on the 5th/6th/7th (a little early, but have a 3 day wknd) and maybe back on the 19th/20th.

I think we're all saying the same thing. Lake Lure and Caesar's Head are at lower elevations and I think you should be able to find some color somewhere.

Edited: 26 September 2013, 17:10
Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,686 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Color foliage

Aldito

I had another option for you. May be a little closer and you would "catch" more of the fall color. Our area in Tennessee is just beautiful!

Chattanooga is full of festivals and events every Fall ... Fall in Chattanooga. Enjoy Falls Fantastic Four...ChattanoogaBOOga, Festivals, Fall Colors and even a contest.

www.chattanoogafun.com/fall

Fall Color Eco-Cruise on the Tennessee River in Chattanooga

Chattanooga sightseeing tours and attractions. Reserve tickets online and save on all sightseeing activities and things to do in Chattanooga. Order online or call us ...

www.chattanoogatours.com/…

How to View Fall Foliage in Chattanooga, Tenn. With Lookout Mountain, Signal Mountain and other beautiful hilltops towering over the downtown valley, Chattanooga is ...

ehow.com/how_4506828_view-fall-foliage-chatt…

Fall Foliage in Tennessee - Typical Peak Fall Foliage Times ...

Information about the peak times to see fall foliage in Tennessee and throughout the Southeast. Page 5.

…about.com/od/…fall...

Chattanooga Tours - Sightseeing Activities in Tennessee

The Fall Color Eco-Cruise on the Tennessee River in Chattanooga highlights all of the beautiful fall colors ... Chattanooga: Fall Tennessee River Canyon Cruise from ...

chattanoogatours.com/…6599

Edited: 26 September 2013, 19:19
North Carolina
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Color foliage

While most of the best fall color will be past peak on the Blue Ridge Parkway - there should still be great color in lowest elevations like Chimney Rock / Lake Lure. Drive Highway 9 from Black Mtn to Chimney Rock. Then back to Asheville on 74A. The Parkway in the lowest area around the city of Asheville should have some color along with views from the parkway looking down into the valleys. It depends on the weather... if we have a warm October, color will stay around longer.

9. Re: Color foliage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 05:19