We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip reports since the shutdown?

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DFW, Texas
Level Contributor
71 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Trip reports since the shutdown?

It would be really nice to hear from folks who have actually travelled down the length of the BRP as to what their experiences have been since the govt. shutdown. We have been perusing the TA and newspapers in anticipation of our travels next week if things don't get resolved in Washington.

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
477 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip reports since the shutdown?

The pkwy is open. We got to Mt Pisgah and went to the restroom and country store. As we were leaving the US Marshal was closing the gates.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,341 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip reports since the shutdown?

Yes, some parts were open and I heard as this went on more and more of the road was going to shut down.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip reports since the shutdown?

A small section of the Parkway in Asheville has closed due to road damage (just take I-40 and I-26 as a quick detour). All else is open. All overlooks are open. Folk Art Center and Pisgah Inn just reopened. All the views are still there!

4. Re: Trip reports since the shutdown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 06:20